Recently, Sara of Sew Sweetness sent out a call for pattern testers for her Velocity Girl Bag. I really enjoyed the process of working through a pattern and taking notes on where things could be improved or spots where the instructions became confusing.
What a lovely bag this is, though! I made mine from an upholstery remnant and a coordinating solid (for the lining). There’s a small touch of coordinating fabric across the front too, in the form of faux piping. I used Pellon Thermolam, a fusible batting, to give the bag the body it needed. I also quilted the main body pieces to help with stability (according to Sara, Thermolam gives a slouchy result).
There are a total of 9 (yes really, NINE!) pockets in this bag! Three across the front, one in each side placket, another 3 open pockets on the inside and a large zippered pocket, also on the inside. The purse closes with a magnetic snap and has an adjustable strap.